Working with influencers can capture the attention of a new audience because have a large and active following. There are different types of collaborations you can take advantage of to grow your brand. Below, we’ll cover how to work with influencers to market your brand.
Types of Collaborations:
- Social Media Takeovers: Invite an influencer to take over your Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, or Facebook for a day.
- Send a Gift: Send an influencer your choice of product. Make sure you’re sending it with no commitment to promoting. Include a personalized note that has your information like name, social media, etc. Keep an eye on their social media to see if they feature your business.
- Discount Code or Product Exchange: Give an influencer a discount or product in exchange for them promoting your business and product on social media.
Find Relevant Influencers
The most important step in finding relevant influencers is making sure they have what you want. Make sure they have the tone, target market, and aesthetic that’s also consistent with your brand. Also, look for influencers that are genuinely excited about your business. You can use hashtags to find influencers interested in products like. As you find and consider different collaborators, it’s crucial you consider how engaged the influencers’ followers are with their content. You want to use an influencer with an active audience.
Once you pick an influencer to work with it’s time to reach out to them. Most influencers have a preferred contact email address available listed in their bio or description. To make the outreach process a little bit quicker you can create a template that introduces you and your brand, and asks whether the influencer would be interested in collaborating or not. Be sure to personalize the message for each influencer. Use their name, talk about which posts of theirs you saw that made you want to collaborate, etc.
Create Clear Terms
Focus on having clear communication between you and the influencer. This will make sure there is no confusion or mix-ups during the collaboration. You should also have a contract. What the contract and terms consist of will depend on your product but below you will find a general idea of what should be included:
- Collaboration start and end date
- What the influencer will provide for you
- Who has ownership of the content posted
- What you want to be posted and how many posts you want
- Terms for payment
Evaluate Your Success
Always discuss your campaign goals before working in an influencer campaign. Knowing your goals will make your search for the right influencer easier. Then, track your campaign’s success and compare that to your original goals.
Working with influencers great way to market your brand. There are different types of collaborations for everyone. If you take away one thing from this piece, it should be the following. Making sure the influencer matches your brand and what you stand for is so important. This will draw in the right audience. So get out there and work with influencers, you won’t regret it.